Discovery Internships offers a comprehensive Tuition/Travel Protection Plan provided by Trip Mate Insurance Agency Inc.
The Domestic Tuition/Travel Protection Plan provides coverage for:
- Pre-Departure Trip Cancellation for covered reasons including but not limited to injury, illness and terrorist acts (protects non-refundable payments).
- Post-Departure Trip Interruption for covered reasons including but not limited to injury, illness and terrorist acts (protects unused land arrangements for early departure).
- Medical Expenses and Emergency Assistance
- Baggage Loss or Damage and Personal Effects
- Airfare is purchased through Musiker Travel
- Loss of Employment
- If the plan is purchased within 60 days prior to your program departure date the plan will include Terrorist Acts coverage and a waiver of the Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Exclusion (provided participant is not disabled for travel at the time the premium is paid).
- If your program is booked within 60 days of the program departure date, payment must be received with the initial program payment to include Terrorist Acts coverage and a waiver of the Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Exclusion.
- The plan can not be purchased after program tuition final payment has been made.
- Discovery Internships, LLC. is making this coverage available through Trip Mate Insurance Agency, Inc. and makes no claims or representations about this plan.
Be advised that some of the most important coverage is time sensitive and requires the premium to be received within 60 days of program departure date. It is highly recommended that participant's families purchase this coverage as no refund or reimbursement is available any other way.
For more information regarding Tuition/Travel Protection, please scroll to the bottom of page and click.
Seven Corners Travel Protection Plan for International Students
Discovery Internships offers a comprehensive Travel Protection plan provided by Seven Corners, Inc.
The Travel Protection Plan provides coverage for:
- Trip Cancellation - the policy reimburses your non-refundable payments if you cancel before the program begins for covered reasons such as injury, sickness, or disabling illness of an immediate family member.
- Trip Interruption - the policy reimburses your unused non-refundable payments if your trip is interrupted, or you are unable to continue your trip, for covered reasons.
- Baggage & Personal Effects - coverage for loss, theft or damage to your baggage and personal belongings.
- Medical Expenses/Emergency Assistance - the policy reimburses your trip-related medical expenses and outlines emergency evacuation benefits.
- Employer termination or layoff affecting you or a person sharing the same room. Employment must have been with the same employer for at least three continuous years.
- Terrorist acts occurring in any city that is visited on the itinerary.
It is highly recommended that participant's families purchase this coverage as no refund or reimbursement is available any other way.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
Per Person Limit
Camp Program Cancellation
100% of Camp Program Cost
Camp Program Interruption
100% of Camp Program Cost
Trip Delay/Missed Connection
$600 per Person. $200 Daily Limit
Lost Baggage/Personal Effects
$1,000 per Person
Travel Assistance Services
IMPORTANT: The abroad insurance must be purchased outside the United States and is not available to United States residents while traveling in the U.S.